You are here Call for Expression of Interest for Situation Analysis in Coastal Reqion
Call for Expression of Interest for Situation Analysis in Coastal Reqion
Moving The Goalposts invites organizations and individuals to submit their Expression of Interest to Undertake a Situational Analysis in Taita Taveta, Tana River, Mombasa and Lamu Counties
Moving The Goalposts is a unique, community-based organization that uses football to empower over six thousand girls in the rural and urban areas of Kilifi and Kwale Counties. The girls and young women aged 9-25 years participate in MTG's tournaments and ongoing leagues that are youth-led and include girls' advocates who promote health sexual choices, financial independence and female leadership in the community. Through playing football, MTG girls discover their confidence and value themselves as strong capable young women.
The organization is currently implementing its Strategic Plan 2016 to 2020. One of the key activities to meet the objectives of the Strategic Plan is an expansion of the geographical reach of the organization in the next four years. The organization currently works in football communities in Kilifi and Kwale Counties. The Strategic plan provides for the expansion to four other counties; Taita Taveta, Tana River, Lamu and Mombasa Counties.
In preparation for the expansion, the organization would like to undertake a situational analysis to better understand key issues on the ground in the four counties. Further, the same process will include mapping of the organizations working on issues that are similar to the work of MTG and who are potential future partners.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. Challenges faced by girls and young women with a focus on:
- Access to leadership roles in the community or school environment
- Reproductive health early pregnancy, early marriage, HIV/AIDS and other reproductive health issues
- Access to education including failure to enroll in school, school dropout rates, implementation of the return- to- school policy
- Access to food and other basic needs
2. Population density and accessibility of potential areas where football communities could be started
3. Acceptability of girls' participation in football in the various communities
4. Economic indicators for young women
- Access to microcredit
- Engagement in savings and loans groups
- Registration for youth or women's funds
- Businesses that young women engage in
5. Mapping of partners implementing girls' rights programmes
6. Challenges faced by organizations engaging in girls' rights programmes
7. Mapping of football fields or playing grounds
The Time Frame for undertaking the consultancy is 10 working days commencing 30th November to 14th December 2016.
Application Specification and Closing Date:
Interested organizations and individuals should send their expression of Interest to Moving The Goalposts by email to humanresource [at] mtgk [dot] org by Tuesday 15th November 2016. Questions on the expression of interest and substance of the assignment can be addressed to the same email.
Note: Only organizations or individuals who qualify will be invited to be interviewed
Consultants wishing to express their interest in undertaking this assignment must submit:
- A cover letter explaining their background and relevant experience
- An expression of interest explaining the reasons for applying and the applicant's understanding of the subject matter
- A schedule of how the tasks will be done within the proposed time frame and the methodology of work
- Proposed budget for the assignment
- A curriculum vitae outlining relevant skills and experience to meet the requirements;
- Samples of previous work undertaken
- Contacts of three referees whom you have done similar work for.
Assessment and Selection Criteria
The applicants will be judged on the basis of the following:
- At least five years' experience in social research
- Demonstrated experience in human rights; specific expertise on gender issues.
- Experience of research, analysis of data and documenting.
- Availability and ability to travel to the four counties
- Demonstrated experience in working in the Coastal region of Kenya and an understanding of the demographics of the region
- Quality of previous work
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili